Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm not the kind of girl who settles for excuses

Ooo, weird!

Back in early May, I posted Nylon's new single "Holiday." Then, in early June, I was surprised to notice that Venke Knutson's latest single was a cover of that song.

Well, it turns out that Nylon's version may not have been the original.

Assuming these charts are right, Latvian (I think) singer Jenny May had a song called "There Should Be A Holiday" making its way through music charts back in January of 2006...and yup, it's the same song! For all I know, there could have even been an earlier version. Does anyone know for sure? I think the song was written by Peter Agren and Janne (or Jan) Kask, who are Swedish (well, at least one of them is), proving once again that Swedes are everywhere.

...and, you know, just to bring it full circle with stuff I've just written about, guess what other group (among others) Peter Agren has written for?

Nu Pagadi!

I swear, the world seems so small sometimes.

This post is really random, I know, but, as I've said before, the behind the scenes songwriter-singer and recycling of songs stuff fascinates me.

4 comments:

Paul said...

oh i've been super bad at posting comments yesterday! And you've gone all rawk chick on me :P But hurrah for you continuing the pop eats pop traditions

Poster Girl said...

Hah, well, I could only hide it for so long! And I really miss Pop Eats Pop :(

D'luv said...

Nylon performed recently for free at Amoeba Records in L.A. (where Paul McCartney did that free gig last month)... I shoulda caught them :-(

Poster Girl said...

I really like "Holiday," but I've not really heard much else by them. Strange, though!