Saturday, June 02, 2007

Nu är det vi och inga andra

There's been sort of an overdose of Swedish music going on here recently, I know; I'll try to move away from that somewhat soon, but for now, at least one more song. It also fits in with the other theme that keeps cropping up: summer. It features three different Fame Factory contestants, Ida Hederg, Hannah Westin (who I've featured once before), and Markus Landgren.

100% Sommar--if you're looking for something deep and sophsticated, you won't find it here. On the other hand, this bouncey song--the rhythm reminds me a little bit of what you'd call "reggae-influenced," I guess, for lack of a better phrase--couldn't sound more like summer if it tried. It's cute, it's simple, and it's catchy in a laid-back sort of way. Throw in some "ay-oh-ay-oh"s, and you've got a harmless but pleasant summer song.

To buy Fame Factory Summertour 2003, go here (physical) or here (digital).

While we're on the subject of Swedish music, I've been meaning to mention for a while that both Sebastian and September seem to have new singles out; Sebastian's is "I Can Feel You" from his second album The Vintage Virgin and September's is "Can't Get Over," which I presume is from an upcoming album. More important, though, is the fact that Ola's "Natalie" continues to be excellent and may soon be rivalling Enrique Iglesias's "Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)" for the title of my favorite summer song released this year.

Next up: maybe an American singer. Probably a Swedish one, though, though hopefully with a song in English.

No comments: