Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shadows of you

Another of the "how did I not know about this?" releases of the past few weeks is the latest from the Attic. They put out two long remixes of "Flash In The Night" a while ago, but in mid-September they finally released the proper radio version (as well as extended mixes), though as far as I know not in Sweden itself. I'm thrilled to be getting new material from them, though, and hopefully this means we'll get the other songs on their MySpace eventually, too. The Attic are brilliant makers of electronic pop/dance/house music; if you don't own their previous album, I highly recommend picking it up (it comes in two versions, both of which I love, but I think I'd have to go for the second version, Remember Tomorrow).

Flash In The Night (Radio Mix)--a cover, but a great one. If you know the Attic sound, this single's sound won't be surprising to you, but that doesn't make it any less great or less welcome. Unlike their Melodifestivalen entry but like the majority of their songs, "Flash In The Night"'s vocals actually come from them (well, one-half of them). Far beyond just doing great remixes, they make original material (and yes, I realize how much this song--which a welcome updating of an '80's song--fits into that category is questionable, but even if you don't want to count it, they've got more than enough songs fully of their own) that's even better, and they do it so well and so easily--thank goodness they're around. Please let them never go away!

To buy the Attic's single "Flash In The Night," go here (digital). Remember Tomorrow (which does not include this song) can be bought here (physical).

Next up: maybe a boy band or one man boy band.

5 comments:

Bas said...

I am liking this track :) It's good, just like their album Remember Tomorrow. If you don't have it you really should buy it. It includes the amazing tracks Destiny & In Your Eyes. Btw Danny previewed his new single on here: http://popdirt.com/danny-saucedo-previews-second-album-first-single-radio/69570/ I am glad his EMD days are (temporarily?) over :)

Myfizzypop said...

A boyband/?! Or a one man boy band? I'm hooked. Hurry up with tomorrow's post and don't change your mind :P PS, liking this and yes i do need to listen to the Attic more...

Poster Girl said...

Remember Tomorrow is fantastic, it really is--it's tough to imagine a much better album. And...

AHHHHHH! Danny solo again! And still doing dance! Eeeee! I had no idea! Thank you thank you, Bas!

Paul, you've heard of both of them, I think--well, I'm sure of one and I'm thinking you know the other too. But maybe you'll enjoy the post anyway ;)

Robpop said...

Remember Tomorrow! Oh my! One of the finest albums ever.

Thank heavens for Attic.

Poster Girl said...

It really is excellent!