Monday, July 14, 2008

Never you fear

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Swedish dance outfit's male-vocaled and UK-released 2005 single "I'll Be Ready" is based on a sample taken from the theme song to Baywatch, but even without knowing that, I think I'd think it sounded like summer. I guess I do have a pretty high tolerance for--or, maybe more accurately, when it's done really well, total love of that type of song that everyone seemed to try to cash in on after the success of Eric Prydz's "Call On Me": that big swooshy dance-pop sound based primarily around an '80's song. Still, resisting this big giant piece of upbeat cheese seems like a futile task that's not worth attempting to begin with--it's just so fun. I guess you could say it sounds like what I'd like my summers to feel like.

To buy Sunblock's 2006 album I'll Be Ready, go here (physical) or here (digital).

Next up: umm...well, I'm actually going to visit relatives for a few days and I'll be coming back Wednesday or Thursday; I'm not sure if there'll be Internet access there, but rest assured that this is just a couple of days, not another disappearance. After that (or during that, depending on the situation), maybe that Danish song or some actual '80's stuff.

8 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

you're going again already?! Sheesh :) Have fun with the relatives. Slightly related sidebar - David Hasslehoff was on a tv chat show in England last week and came across slightly less mental than normal. Which inspired me to dig out the sunblock tune. It's very summery. I did not look good in the red shorts however :(

Yuяi said...

I never did watch Baywatch, but I think summer when I hear this track. And with a name like Sunblock, what else are we supposed to think? :) Great tune.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your relatives.
And I remember this song at Baywatch. o/

Adem With An E said...

Have fun with the rellos!

I was JUST showering Eric Prydz's "Call On Me" with some SERIOUS appreciation over the weekend. What a bonza song and anything that sounds like always tends to grab me. This is no exception.

Adem With An E said...

IT'S WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY.

:(

Myfizzypop said...

As janet jackson once wisely said before she got the Jackson gene and went a bit bonkers...

Come back to me...

it's pants without you!

She didn't say that last line!!

Anonymous said...

will u come back again?

Anonymous said...

Where are you, Poster Girl?