Saturday, January 26, 2008

#7 Girls Aloud, "Sexy! No No No..."



I can't deny no way my d-d-dirty mind is saying
"Lover, come and get me, get me"


I'd not really appreciated Girls Aloud before this song. Sure, there were a couple of songs of theirs I liked, but I rarely ever listened even to those, and sure, when "Something Kinda Ooooh" came out I adored that, but it was with "Sexy! No No No...", the lead single for their fourth studio album, Tangled Up, that they officially won me over. From first listen, I loved it, heart and soul. It's an exciting piece of music to listen to, and not even necessarily on the "edgy production" front--it's just a racing pop song that grabs you in and pulls you along on pop-with-electro-and-dance-and-rock rollercoaster ride by sheer force of energy. It was one of those songs I never had to take a break from, that got constantly play from me throughout the entire year, and that got me interested in their back catalogue and their new album, which is one of the best albums of the year, even if it loses just a little of its must-listen-to-ness by the end. Girls Aloud are one of the greatest pop groups working today--and thank goodness for them, because pop would be a lot less fun and exciting without them.

Find it on: Tangled Up

2 comments:

Adem With An E said...

Oh it made me so, so very happy reading that.

Poster Girl said...

Oh, yes, I'm completely converted now--in fact, I think I'm feeling the urge to have a Girls Aloud mega-listening session today... I genuinely meant everything I said! And I'm so glad you keep praising them--it really convinced me to give those singles a chance, and it all escalated from there...