Thursday, January 24, 2008

#12 Darren Hayes, "On The Verge Of Something Wonderful"



On the verge of,
On the verge of something wonderful.
A resurgence,
On the edge of something wonderful


I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing "On The Verge Of Something Wonderful"--in my dream world, it would without doubt be a huge radio hit in the U.S. Failing that, though, it's worked well throughout the year as my own personal hit. It's without doubt one of the most uplifting songs of the year, probably the most uplifting single; I don't know that any other song this year was able to instantly instill a sense of hope--or, at the very least, a "you can get through this" feeling--in me better than this one.

Find it on: This Delicate Thing We've Made ($14.99 for two discs! Really, buy it; songs like "Casey" and "Conversation With God" are more than worth the price of admission alone)

3 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i'm way behind with my comments here! I turn away to blink and you have posted another 3 songs :P Anyway, Danny Tokyo ~ love it. It's one of the albums i was "aware" of last year but have really started playing this month as Jan is always a quiet month for new music so i catch up on all that i missed out on. Magnus - that song can't help but make you smile whichever version you listen to. I think his album was woefully underpromoted and he really should be on a 5th single by now. And Darren - i was strangely underwhelmed by his album but this song and Casey stood out beyond anything else, and i remember writing that this was utter gloriousness and uplifting magic happening through my speakers.

mineforlife said...

Just bought the album for $9.99, and I'm rather pleased I did. Good one.

Poster Girl said...

It's an album with some great songs on it--Danny's, I mean. I wish Magnus had had some more success with this project, and I'm happy you like this song and "Casey"--I love them as well.

That's an even better deal! And it's great that you like it, too--I would have loved/would love it to do well. Even some of the b-sides from this "era" were fantastic!