Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Radical, liberal, beautiful, I come undone

Things that make me happy: someone has uploaded Swedish pop-rock singer and Popstars contestant Jamie Meyer's "Psycho" video onto YouTube. I love the song (it's even got chanted "hey hey hey"s!), though I'd give "Good Girl" the edge.



I think his debut album, It's All About Me (fact: every single song on it is co-written by Jörgen Elofsson; if you're looking for something a little less...peppy than the first two singles, the album's got that too), is great, and have been wanting his videos for "Psycho" and especially "Good Girl" to end up on YouTube since I first saw them--I'd rip them from the album and upload them myself if a.) I had any clue what I was doing, and b.) my computer had more memory. Still, for now, this'll do.

Hmm...come to think of it, I haven't actually done a fully-fledged post about him since January, have I? Mentioned his name a lot, but that's it. Maybe I'll have to feature him again in the near future.

(Most online stores no longer stock the album, but if you keep your eye on eBay and the Swedish version of it, you should be able to get it--there are two copies on eBay at the moment, one going for only £.99, and it's easily worth paying that for it. Alternatively, you can order it directly from his site. The media section of his official site has some songs from it to listen to, though mixed in with them are later songs he's done [some of which are great; "Free As A Bird," "To My Grandfather," and "Hey Maker," which has fantastic backing music]--"Psycho," "Never Again," "One Way Street," and "Iyeeyo" are all from It's All About Me.)

No comments: