Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tonight's the night--let's live it up

The two songs that I've been bouncing around to all day:

The Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feelin'."



I have a love-hate relationship with BEP singles; thankfully, after the "hate" of "Boom Boom Pow," the "love" of "I Got A Feeling" has arrived. Produced by dance music creator David Guetta, the song has feel good going out anthem written all over it. I spent a while thinking the "fill up my cup/Mazal tov" lines were my favorite part, but no--there are too many great parts to really have one favorite.

Ryan Tedder's "Battlefield."



Much--generally positive--has already been written about Jordin Sparks's version of this song, the lead single for her second album. It's songwriter Ryan Tedder's version of the song that I'm preferring at the moment, though; blame my unintended preference for male voices if you will, but this is the version of the song that really makes me say "amazing."

8 comments:

John said...

I'm gonna give the BEP track some time to grow before I pass judgement, but the RT version of Battlefield is excellent. And OneRepublic is dropping new tracks when?

Aaron said...

I hope Battlefield is on the new OneRepublic album - I'm quite a fan of them! Maybe Ryan should do covers of his own work on one album - Just think of the possibilities????

Nikki said...

I really have to listen to these two songs in particular - everybody's been raving about them but I've been so engrossed in the new special that I haven't had the time to listen to any of the new stuff.

Oh, and have you heard the new BSB song? Brilliant - I think it's even better than 'Bigger' and I thought that was amazing.

Myfizzypop said...

I have to say i was worried about getting back from hols and finding universal distaste for the ryan tedder demo of Battlefield but yay you likey as much as me. Ryan#s voice suits it well and a male vocal brings something new to the tune that is in danger of being seriously overplayed by me already!

Anonymous said...

I have the best news in a long long time.

Agnes - Release Me, has reached
NUMBER 3!!!!!!!! in the charts here in England :O
I was GOBSMACKED when i saw, this is amazing :D

Conor

Mr. Will-W. said...

Yes, such a shame Ryan's version never got released. The song suits the timbre of his voice much more.

I am totally loving David Guetta's new tracks, i.e. Kelly Rowland collabo!!

Adem With An E said...

God, I thought the Sparks version couldn't be topped. It has.

Anonymous said...

This blog has been dead for a while now. Is postergirl in Sweden now?