Saturday, October 18, 2008

You said you will never give up on us

Given that Enrique Iglesias was one of the best popstars of 2007, I feel obligated to let you know that you can listen to his new English-language greatest hits-promoting single "Away," which features Sean Garrett, here in very good quality. It's an almost mid-tempo ballad which the production (very Sean Garrett-esque) is really trying to take up to epic level; that backing just builds and builds and BUILDS.

It's a bit frustrating to be getting another greatest hits (he just released a Spanish language one), but if you don't own an Enrique album, this really will be something worth getting--he's had some excellent (and very underrated) singles over the years. In addition to "Away," it'll feature one other new song, "Takin' Back My Love" featuring Ciara. It comes out in the U.S. on November 11. British site Play.com gives the tracklisting and cover as follows:

1.) Bailamos (Wild Wild West/Soundtrack Version)
2.) Away
3.) Hero
4.) Be With You
5.) Takin' Back My Love
6.) Rhythm Divine
7.) Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song)
8.) Tired Of Being Sorry
9.) Escape
10.) Could I Have This Kiss Forever
11.) Not In Love Radio Mix (Dave Aude Vocal Edit featuring Kelis)
12.) Don't Turn Off The Lights
13.) Love To See You Cry
14.) Maybe
15.) Addicted
16.) Somebody's Me
17.) Can You Hear Me
18.) Hero (presumably a remix)


5 comments:

Bas said...

i will probably buy this cause a lot of his singles are quite nice to listen to plus the album cover is quite hot :o

Bas said...

oh yeah there's also a CD/DVD edition being released:

DVD:
Bailamos
Rhythm Divine
Hero
Escape
Love To See You Cry
Addicted
Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song)
Tired Of Being Sorry
Can You Hear Me
Tired Of Being Sorry (Live in Belfast)
Be With You (Live in Belfast)

D'luv said...

Yeah, I'll probably get it, too, just to have all the singles together. I don't really have any of his albums except for that last one...which wasn't too good. But the singles were great!

"Away" sounds nice, in that 'if it came on the radio I wouldn't turn it off' kind of way.

Nothing will ever beat "Be With You" in my book.

Sigh. Enrique...such a hot piece...

John said...

"I'm Not In Love"...SO should have been a hit! For some reason, I'm not hating on this greatest hits collection. Maybe I'm just in the same boat with D'luv (it's dark, and I'm afraid he's gonna try something shifty).

BTW, saw your Keane comment. The CD is only 2.99 right now digitally over at Amazon.

Poster Girl said...

Bas, if there have ever been better reasons than that to buy an album, I don't know what they are! The DVD is great news, too--woo, videos!--though I would've loved them to include him performing "Do You Know" live just for the Pong intro alone.

D'luv, you're right (sadly) about the last album--he was a great popstar in all the ways beyond a consistent album (which is the most important thing musically). Still, great singles as well as a few non-singles. I don't know what I think of "Away" yet--it kind of feels like something insubstantial being beefed up by production it doesn't deserve, but time may change my mind. And I'm sure I'll play it a bunch for the next few days anyway.

John, watch out! And $2.99? You're kidding! That's probably the best bargain I've ever heard of, no joke. OK, that's me sold.