Friday, October 17, 2008

Once you've tasted love, can never have enough

Random songs to listen to elsewhere:

The clip of Girls Aloud's "The Loving Kind," taken from their upcoming album Out Of Control. BRILLIANT, from the sounds of it. The best kind of melancholy in the world.

"Encore" by Danish singer Heidi, off of X Factor--listen here, but that link will open Windows Media Player. The song isn't quite as over-the-top-excellent as I was hoping it would be from the clip I'd heard, but it's an interesting half-dark synth-washed pop song, with the chorus probably being the stand-out part. It would be nice to be able to buy it from somewhere, though.

5 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i can't fricking wait to hear the girls aloud album. and this song alone means that it is already semi brilliant even if everything else on it is rubbish (Which i can't imagine it would be!!) And the sugababes album is quite good - very cool and laid back :P

John said...

Loving Kind = Brilliant! The comparison with "The One" is on point, and I am that much more eager to hear the new CD. They're turning into a classy group of ladies, aren't they? Honestly, if this and "Call the Shots" can't be hits in the US, the American public are fools. Then again, they would need to KNOW about Girls Aloud first.

The Heidi sounds like a cool album cut that you go back and listen to over and over. Doesn't sound like US hit material, but it's still great.

Poster Girl said...

Paul, I'm so pleased with the Sugababes album--I wasn't sure what to expect after "Girls" (despite the warning that it was a red herring), but it's kind of made me realize that it isn't actually the aping the '60's style that bothers me--it's just people doing it incorrectly. And they didn't.

They really are--"Loving Kind" sounds amazing. I'd be beyond thrilled if something in that kind of vein was ever a hit in the U.S. You're spot-on about the Heidi track, too, which is a bit of a disappointment for me, considering what I was hoping it would be when I first heard it--it never sounded like a U.S. hit to me, but I thought it might leave more impact than it does. I do still really like it, though.

Yuяi said...

Oh wow, great GA clip! It does have a "The One" feel to it, altho I think Kylie's is more epic. Well maybe I should hear the entire GA song before saying that...

Poster Girl said...

I would love more songs in that kind of "The One" style! Amazing song, really.