Monday, March 10, 2008

Här är jag

Have you ever wondered what it would look like if Linda Bengtzing was having her photo taken at various places in Cuba? Now, thanks to her music new video, you can know! Update: oh, it's on YouTube, too.



Talk about cost efficiency--get your promo photos and new video done at the same time.

Seriously, though, even though nothing will probably be able to top her live performance of "Hur Svårt Kan Det Va?", I'm thrilled she actually got to make a music video--her first of her own*...awww! And she looks really cute throughout it.

On the other hand, if you've ever wanted to know what it would look like if Martin, Alexander, and Marina's heads were superimposed on two year old's bodies (though, typically for a BWO video, that's only the tip of the odd iceberg), you can watch the new BWO video in the same place.

Thanks to Robpop for the tip!

*There was the "Värsta Schlagern" video of course, but this is her first for her own song, I think.

6 comments:

Jaker said...

Good for Linda!

Wonder what brought on this kind of turnaround, though. There were no vids for any of her first singles, and Mariann wasn't even going to release the second CD... What's with all the hype now? Not that I'm complaining...

Also, I've never really been a fan of the new haircut, but starting at 2:10 when she goes into the bridge, she looks gorgeous!

Robpop said...

I watched this video and was like "this is such a waste of a trip to cuba!". Then i thought "oooh it could have been filmed in Malaga". Its only until right at the end that its clearly cuba. They went to cuba and filmed in a bedroom and a dirt road. Then I inspected the dirt road and it was a rather tidy dirt road so there you go!

Bring on the album. I seriously want her or Amy to win. Charlotte has done it before.

Anonymous said...

No more Linda than necessary please... evil... evil...

**flagellating myself with birch tree branches**

Jaker said...

I wouldn't mind seeing Linda win, though I do sort of worry about then having to deal with a less-excellent English version being tossed together for Belgrade.

Anonymous said...

I've no idea why, but the juxtaposition of sunny images and Bengtzing schlager doesn't seem quite right. Somehow, as an alternative, I guess I could imagine Linda walking down a crowded Swedish shopping street in inclement weather roaring "Se mig, hor mig, ror mig" to the non-plussed shoppers around her. Add some 360-degree turns while singing into the camera and you've got a music video!

Poster Girl said...

I'm really baffled as to why the video too--I mean, schlager songs from Melodifestivalen pretty much never get videos! I wasn't really sold on the haircut until her Melodifestival performance--she looked fantastic there.

Robpop, I thought that too! And why they sprung for a trip to Cuba when in all other ways it's such a low budget video. A nicely done low budget video (as opposed to the tackiness of some American stars' videos I could name...), but why did they go to Cuba?!

Beware of the week her album is released, Rick ;)

It isn't what I would have expected either...I like the shouting in a crow idea, though!