Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You and I were made to get love right

Both times I've seen the video for American band Mêlée's "Built To Last"--once on TV and once on YouTube--I haven't been able to fight off a smile, even though the voice inside my head is going "'This is real/This is good/It warms the inside/just like it should'? Gag me with a spoon!" Can we blame it on the time of year?



I'm sure without the video and all its references to famous love scenes I would've had no interest in the song at all--it's just basic guy-fronted band-with-piano singer-songwritery nonsense, though admittedly with a guy on backing vocals that sounds like Chad Kroeger out of Nickelback (FYI, that wouldn't be a plus)--but...well, the video is still making me smile on the third time through, so I'm sharing it.

Anyway, if you're interested, apparently this comes from their second album, released in spring 2007, but it must just be getting pushed now-ish in certain places, though the video has apparently been out for a while (judging by how long ago some were put on YouTube).

Ridiculous overdone sentimentality over for the moment.

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i'm such a whore for basic guy fronted band with piano singer songwritery nonsense so this is right up my alley. And music that makes me smile? Perfect for more current mood. Thanks pet!

Poster Girl said...

Yay--I'm glad it's working for you right now, Paul! And yeah, it's such a perfect genre description that I have no idea why they don't use it at music stores!

Incidentally, in case anyone was wondering, yes, my inner cynic does use incredibly outdated ridiculous expressions to express its negativity. I imagine "Heavens to Murgatroyd" is only a few weeks away.