Tuesday, February 19, 2008

That's my cool and I can't take it off

I'd held off on doing a post on this song for a while since both #1 Hits and EuropeCrazy had written about it. I was planning to make the Lethal Bizzle entry in my year end singles countdown a tie with this song (or rather, make this song like a subpoint of that one; the same was supposed to happen with "The Way I Are" and the Andy Caldwell mix of Brielle Davis's "Take It Off"), but then just didn't (mainly because it would have taken extra writing, I think). I really should have, though, because it may even be better than "Police On My Back."

Still, I really can't help mentioning it here, just in case there's a chance you haven't heard it yet--it seriously gets better every single day. Thus, I present Swedish hip-hop artist Adam Tensta and "My Cool."



It seriously is the ultimate song when you just want to psych yourself up, get yourself feeling like you're amazing. It's also a fantastic strutting song--yes, rap and strutting. Really.

If there was any justice, this song would go international. And easily.

3 comments:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Thanks for posting about this one. This has got international hit written all over it - I remember he even got a mention on Perez Hilton's blog a couple of weeks ago too. Great track and I'm still playing it a lot.

Anonymous said...

rather good one PPG! I like it - what a great find!

Poster Girl said...

It does! And yeah, he did--I don't read that site, but the Swedish tabloids wrote about how he got mentioned there.

Great! I'm so glad you like it! Kind of surprised--but I shouldn't be, because it is kind of electro-soaked, isn't it? It's even getting a lot of dancefloor play.