Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You'll always be the one

ESC Today is going to give me a heart attack with all this "Selma news" that turns out to not ever really be as big as I'm hoping it will be--first the whole "guess what? She'll be involved in Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins...but just as a judge" thing, and now the headline "Selma song sees UK single release." Can you imagine my excitement?

Well, it's "All I Know Of Love," a two year old duet she's done that featured on Icelandic singer Cortes's album, and it's being released as a b-side. Basically, nothing fantastic or worth getting excited about (I imagine I'd like it a lot more if Cortes wasn't such an operatic singer--that's just not my preferred style). Sigh. Some day!

On the other hand, they did alert me to the fact that you can preorder a signed copy of Martin Stenmarck's new album Det är det pojkar gör när kärleken dör (has he been taking album naming lessons from Lena Philipsson?) here. Lead single "100 år från nu (Blundar)" is still a fantastic song (it was really nice to see it top the Swedish singles chart last week, even if how much the singles chart [as opposed to, say, radio play or albums sales] means is debatable), so I'm very excited to hear more. It's released November 7.

No comments: