Friday, September 21, 2007

Not gonna run away, not gonna let it go

I swear, up until just a few hours ago, I had plans to post something that wasn't Swedish. I was listening to the song I was planning to share as I walked around, really enjoying it, thinking about what I'd say about it--and now...sigh...I've been sidetracked by yet another Swedish singer. I swear this wasn't planned! I really will try to post some non-Swedish songs soon.

So, anyhow, on to where we are now: Emilia de Poret. To be honest, I don't know that much about her, except that she used to release music (a few singles) under another name and in 2005 released her debut album, A Lifetime In A Moment. That album found her collaborating with Jörgen Elofsson, but apparently she's working with Arnthor Birgisson of Maratone for her second album, which her MySpace (where you can hear the Amatiello Remix of the following song, which I like despite the fact that I really shouldn't) says is due out this fall.

I Can--this is an adorable poppy (maybe with a just a little R&B influence) song--sweet and cute. It's got sort of an old school pop sound and isn't as "ohmygosh, poppoppop!" as, say, Marie Serneholt's "That's The Way My Heart Goes"--it's a more laid-back sort of pop than that. There's a nice fluttery, up-and-down backing. I can already tell I'm going to have it stuck in my head for ages, but it's a nice pleasant sort of catchy, one you don't mind having in your head. This is also the sort of song where it's all too easy, having played it once, to just think "let's listen to it one more time," and, before you know it, you've listened to it five times in a row and show no signs of stopping--it's just really easy to listen to. Oh, and I'm going crazy trying to remember which song one of the sound effects in this one is also in--it's high-pitchd and at 0:08 (among other times) and I know I've heard it before (and listened to it a lot, I think).

I don't think any stores are selling Emilia de Poret's single "I Can" (if there are any, let me know), so it'll only be posted for a couple of days. Since I can't point you in the direction of any stores to buy this single from, the best I can do is say that you can buy her earlier album, A Lifetime In A Moment, here (physical) and say to keep an eye on her MySpace and official site.

Next up: that Australian singer, I think.

2 comments:

Alexander said...

Aww! I love Emilia, she's a wonderful singer and person for that matter. It's a pity she never got to release her first album, it would've been poptastic.

"I Can" is not released yet.

Poster Girl said...

Yeah, I just looked up "Mistreat Me (You'll Be Sorry)" after liking this so much, and you're so right--it's such a shame that she didn't get to release that album!