Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sólo con verte devuelves a la vida lo que era muerte

Stop everything.

This news is three weeks old, but I only just heard it.

Do you know what we can expect around October?

A new D'Nash album!

Capaz de todo is still the best straight up boy band album I've heard in ages and one of the most fun albums I own to listen to, so suffice to say I'm very excited, even if trying to keep down my expectations.

(News from here, via PubliSpain.)

Edit: by the way, Mikel recently committed the greatest crime against popstar hair since Anthony Callea went practically bald--I won't blind you with pictures, but suffice to say that the guy who before really couldn't take a bad picture now looks like he's straight out of a bad '90's boy band. Not that he's always had the greatest haircuts before, but really, this has to be the worst it's ever been.

4 comments:

Paul said...

oh my that's a lot of posts :) It's like reading one of my lengthy blogs! I had to get a starbucks for all this and very marvelous it was too (the starbucks and the posts of course!) now i've completely forgotten what i wanted to say - oh yes, popstars called Paolo, yay! And mikel's hair? booooooo!

Resa said...

(http://www.nash.es/foro/viewtopic.php?t=13273)
Mikel posted at the official forum saying that the new album'll be in November!

Oh, Mikel's haircut is horrible! I stared in shock for a few minutes. :( I don't know if you noticed Javi got a hair cut as well!

Did you manage to get a physical copy of any version of Capaz de Todo? If not, Bearecords.nl carries the latest re-release of it, plus bonus dvd, but I think they're on vacation until mid-August.

A few posts back, I noticed you were going to write about a Czech singer. Have you heard of Šárka Vaňková? She was second on Czech Pop Idol in the first season (I think 2004) and had a song called Lásku dávej, which the backing track is the same as NKD's "Quicksand"!

Okay, rambly mess and I'm sorry!

rafiki.the.druid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poster Girl said...

Oh, Paul, I heard a Paolo Nutini song being used on a commercial the other day--can't remember for what, though...a TV or movie, maybe?

Thanks for clearing that up! November is still earlier than I was expecting, so I'm still excited :) No, I never did get an actual copy, and I need one, so I'll definitely be ordering one. I did notice Javi's haircut, but it's not quite as bad as Mikel's, so I didn't mention it...and I almost mentioned that headband thing Ony's worn a few times, but I think it's better off forgotten ;) I'm not sure why they felt they had to change at all. No, I haven't heard her! It's interesting--the more digging people do, the more covers are cropping up on that album. I'm not surprised at all, really, given that it's an Idol album and a pop album from South Africa, but finding all that sort of stuff out fascinates me. And no, rambling messes are good! :)

Aww, thanks! And for pictures of Mikel...try these links:

Picture 1

Picture 2