Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm standing on the edge, and I don't know what else to give

(For what I'm talking about, see my previous post.)

I finally heard the whole English version of Enrique Iglesias's new single, "Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)," today, and oooo! I love it! It's such a cute poppy song--not perfect, but any criticisms I might have had (I like the middle part--repeated "how can I love you"'s in the English version--better in the Spanish version, "Dímelo") are washed away during the first part of the chorus, the "Do you know what it feels like, loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away" and accompanying "doyouknow doyouknow doyouknow" backing vocals; the line doesn't look impressive written out like that, but it's absolutely perfect for the song, and I love how it sounds--I'm going to be singing along to it for ages. I've been desperately craving some good boy pop lately--who knew Enrique Iglesias would be the one to step up to the plate? Super cute (despite or because of the subject) and catchy, and probably pretty safely one of my favorite songs of the year so far.

Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song) (Web Rip)

I still don't know anywhere you can preorder this single, which is on the radio now, or the album, Insomnia, which I think is rumored to be or is coming out in June, but you can buy one of his previous albums, Escape, here (physical) or here (digital).

(My Internet is back! Yay!)

6 comments:

Paul said...

yay to internet being back - this song is CUTE. that is just the perfect word to describe it :P I think Enrique has huge potential and to clarify his last album was a waste because it was mismanaged not because it wasn't very good :(

Poster Girl said...

It is UBER cute! I got Seven after seeing your comment, and I think I can fairly say I love it--how did I not own this album before now? It really amuses me that the official iTunes review compares him to Kylie, though!

mobius said...

I'm so glad to read that you like this one. I usually get dissed for my liking of Enrique.

Song is rather catchy. I prefer the Spanish version myself.

Poster Girl said...

No, if you like him, that means more people should!

I think he's very underrated; really, his albums have some great pop on them, if people would listen.

D'luv said...

Thanks for the belated heads up on this... I had no idea that hooker had anything new out, then I saw this post and heard the song on Mobius' MySpace page on the same day. I only know his singles, and they're kind of hit or miss for me, but the ones I like, I really like. There's no beating "Be With You."

Poster Girl said...

There really isn't...and how that escaped my list of his good singles, I have no idea, because it's probably quite easily his best single ever.