Friday, March 04, 2011

I leave it all behind

As mentioned a few posts ago, Scandipop and Swedish Stereo recently featured thirty-second clips of Danny's new album, In The Club.

Now, another site has posted sixty-second clips of each of the songs. Listen to them here. "Catch Me If You Can" is still the song I'm most eager to have my hands on--it's the era of "oh oh oh"s, apparently. If you click on the song titles, you can also see some (though not all) of the songwriters for each track (albeit in a messy way).

While we're speaking of clips of Melodifestival albums, Eric Saade previewed another song from his upcoming album for Expressen. Eric may not say a name, but if you made me guess, I'd say it's going to be called "Timeless." It's written with Jason Gill (he of some of my favorite songs from Måns Zelmerlöw--"Hold On," "Rewind," "Freak Out"--and Darin--"Paradise"--as well as of Sofia's "Hypnotized"). Eric also mentions two other co-writers who I'm guessing are Mattias Larsson and Robin Fredriksson.

Schlagerprofilerna and Tobbe recently revealed the tracklist for the Melodifestival box set's demo CD (which is out today in Sweden). By my count, at least seven eight of the songs have been heard before (Sarah Dawn Finer's "Not A Sinner Nor A Saint," "Surrender To My Heart," Lina Hedlund's "Alla flickor," Camilla Blom Polfeldt's "Gone," Friends' "Give Me Your Love," Shirley Clamp's "A Miracle," and Sonja Aldén's "Invincible," though if I've missed one please let me know EDIT: Andrés Esteche's "Tango! Tango!" as well), but this is the first time we've been able to purchase most of them. It is, as I thought it might be, heavy on recordings by demo singers as opposed to people who were established artists at the time of the songs' recordings, but since we love many people who were previously backing and session singers--Shirley Clamp, Sonja Aldén--it should still be a treat to get to hear their vocals on songs we love. I think Jessica Andersson's version of "Jag ljuger så bra" may be the song I'm most interested to hear. Linda Bengtzing's recording is often my favorite schlager song ever, so I don't necessarily expect Jessica's version to surpass it--just provide an alternative from a singer who I desperately wish was still recording music in that style.

1 comment:

گاز استیل البرز said...

Нержавеющая сталь Alborz Desktop Gas
Нержавеющая сталь Alborz Desktop Gas Special купить Нержавеющая сталь Alborz Desktop Gas, купить в элитном магазине
گاز رومیزی استیل البرز
گاز رومیزی استیل البرز فروش ویژه گاز صفحه ای استیل البرز ،خرید از فروشگاه لوکس
Stainless Steel Alborz Desktop Gas
Stainless Steel Alborz Desktop Gas Special Buy Stainless Steel Alborz Desktop Gas, Buy from Luxury Store

گاز استیل البرز

فروشگاه لوکس