Sunday, June 27, 2010

Now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab

If you've ever wanted to hear a low quality recording of amazing Swedish pop group Le Kid covering the Killers' also amazing "Mr. Brightside"...





...there you go. The original is one of my favorite songs of the past decade, but it makes total sense in their '80s pop version. Everything they do is so incredibly joyful or joy-inducing and it takes real intelligence to be as good as they are at composing (or arranging) music.

I love this group with my whole heart. If they're not successful, I don't know what I'm going to do. Their taste in music--impeccable. The music they make--fantastic. Their obvious love for what they do--the icing on the cake.

Eric Saade was also at the same event (singing "Break Of Dawn" and a cover of Linkin Park's "Leave Out All The Rest"), if you feel like watching more fuzzy quality live videos.

4 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

oh how i long for some quality footage of this!

Poster Girl said...

I would totally buy this if they released it. I've played it a ridiculous number of times already.

Damian said...

By audience reaction Eric was totally on his place performing that night, but seems like Break of Dawn totally failed, they had to release It's Gonna Rain. Well, though I'm not biggest fan of Eric's vocal but it was really solid performance.

Poster Girl said...

I'm not a huge fan of Eric's voice even in studio recordings (I have to say that in a small voice since it feels like Swedish pop heresy!), but he is an entertaining performer, it seems like. I hope he doesn't persist in avoiding the big pop stomper on his album a la Måns.