Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can't find a reason why I shouldn't try

With a hat-tip to EQ, while we're on the subject of this blog's icons, Blake Lewis performed some of his new songs at LA Pride. I'm pleased to say that, though the instrumental of "Please Don't Stop" does sound dance/spiky electronica-influenced, it sounds like the overall product is much more pop than I thought independent Blake would go.



I can't really judge the song without hearing that backing in higher quality, but this does up the (to be fair, already very favorable despite concerns) odds of me getting the album, due out in October. My fears have not all been allayed, though.

(There's another song, "Rapture Of Love," here; h/t to Yuri. More of a ballad, and less interesting to my ears.)

12 comments:

Heather said...

That's my vid! you can't really hear it all that well in the video, but the mix is great. He had recorded it previously for ADD but it didn't make the cut, this time around he re-did it with Dave Aude (i believe) it's 1000x better than the previous cut (that leaked out a while back or just youtube Love or Torture). I'm not really sure what to expect since those two songs are SO different.

Myfizzypop said...

i'm still excited for Blake to bring his new album out, even if i do listen to ADD more than those random dance singles he released later on. A mixture of both those styles would be fairly satisfying :)

Rick said...

Not overwhelmed by either of these, esp the first one :(

Sigh. Turn it on, Blake.

Adem With An E said...

Paul's onto a winner with what formula he should go for next.

I am still having nightmares over that video blog he did though.

D.P.F. said...

did i miss something? Where is poster girl? :)

Ryan said...

I miss this blog! Come back!

PopaDom said...

I agree !

This is the best pop website going ...

D'luv said...

Where you at, chica?

Mel said...

Where are you? We miss you!

MY BING DONG said...

DING DONG, THE BITCH IS DEAD!

AcerBen said...

Where are you? I hope you're alright? :(

Rick said...

Where is PPG? I've been itching for updates all summer...