Sunday, January 25, 2009

#2 Chris Brown, "Forever"



All you gotta do is watch me
Look what I can do with my feet

You know those annoying people who are always shouting "OH MY GOSH this is my song!" and then turn up the radio volume/knock everyone over on the way to the dance floor/bob along while shopping (chose as applicable) every time that song comes on?

Yeah, that's me with "Forever." I think everyone who knows me is sick of it, but I can't help myself--"Forever" is Chris Brown actually living up to his proper popstar potential, channeling the "aww, bless" reaction towards him that he had formerly used for mushy ballads into synth-coated pop music...and what a match it is. I don't know that I can say much more about him or it than I did back in April, so let me leave it here: "Forever" is perfect. The video, too.

Find it on: Exclusive: The Forever Edition

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I'm gonna disagree - I like the song - A lot.

But I can't stand Chris' voice in it - He just sounds so....Whiny!

Myfizzypop said...

Oh Aaron! I love this song - it was you (PPG) and Dluv that got me into Mr brown and now I listen to an-edited-down-by-myself version of Exclusive quite often. This is america does europe at it's finest and i'm hoping for more of the same from his forthcoming third album. Love the opening bars - duh de doo. Duh de da! If you know what i mean...

Poster Girl said...

Aaron, well, he may not be a Darin in the "love his voice" department ;) but he works for me here!

Paul, I've got my own edited Chris album, too, though strangely I still haven't listened to anything from "Exclusive" minus the singles and one of the UK bonus tracks. Fingers crossed he makes his next album as great as it could be--I'm quite nervous because he's going in the right direction sometimes but not so much in others. I do know what you mean :)