Monday, June 18, 2007

When you're moving up with...

The best concert line-up ever (for me) was last year's series of concerts where the Click Five opened for McFly--my two favorite bands, both at their peak (well, McFly have improved with every album, so that's more like "peak so far"). It narrowly beats out the whole V/McFly/Busted thing, though it's close.

Now, though? We've got another rival. I don't expect it to ultimately win out, but it'll put up a good fight.

BWO
Army Of Lovers
Alcazar (!!!!!!!)

At G-A-Y on July 21. Can you imagine? I'm a little confused as to why Alcazar would perform in the UK, especially if it's a one-off--surely this would be huge if in Sweden?

(By the way, some of Sweden's summer tours should be in contention, but I guess I think of those as somehow different--more festival-like, or something. Illogical, but whatever.)

8 comments:

kevin (ru) said...

"Back Together For One Night Only To Celebrate 20 Years Of Swedish Pop From Alexander Bard & To Launch in the UK BWO with their debut single".

http://www.g-a-y.co.uk/forthcomingevents.asp

Adrian said...

Bonkers! But I cannot wait!

Poster Girl said...

That explains it, then! Thanks. Has "Chariots of Fire" not been released in the UK yet, then?

It sounds a-maz-ing. Wow, do I wish I could go...

Jamie said...

I can't wait! I'll be taking my sleeping bag down to London to avoid disappointment.

D'luv said...

Ooh, that would be a good one. Much better than the time I saw Alex Parks at G-A-Y, though I think seeing Jason Donovan and Sinitta and Sonia there will always have special reserved place in my heart.

Paul said...

blow me down with a feather i'm actually in london that weekend for Wicked. How serendipitous!

Nick said...

Damn me for leaving the UK before the 21st :(

Poster Girl said...

Paul's good timing, Nick's poor timing--if I was anywhere in the UK, I'd definitely be sneaking in. Hopefully people like Jamie will be able to report back to us :) J'ason's combination sounds pretty tempting, too, though I'm sort of surprised to hear about Alex Parks--coincidence?