Monday, April 16, 2007

It's killing me

Oh my...

So, you know, I get that the Click Five don't want to do the whole scrubbed-up-in-suits thing anymore, and I'm fine with that. The suits were nice, but they still looked pretty good in their "Catch Your Wave" video even when they weren't wearing them. However...


...you have got to be kidding me. If I saw a group of people looking like this, I'd be afraid they were going to mug me. I think they may have gone a little too far in the opposite direction.

Maybe they're being ironic?

Let's look at some of the transformations.

I swear Ethan was good looking--arguably the best looking, at least second best--when I saw them live.


And Ben didn't look that bad either.


Joe used to be at least half-decently styled.


I guess if nothing else this video makes it clear that the obvious "look, it's the nice-looking one" role is falling to Joey, since the rest of them look like they need to be sent to prison or THROWN INTO A SHOWER and given a few hours to sober up or come down. His shirt is reminding me of Patrick Wolf, though.

Image of course is not everything, nor even really that important, but I can't help but be a little disturbed by all this.

(Incidentally, I didn't blur out the fifth person--they did that in the video, even bleeping his name out when Ben said it, because for some reason they persist in this whole "guess the singer" thing even though anyone who could possibly care or who visits their site at all and so would see this video knows that it's Kyle.)

2 comments:

D'luv said...

Wow... I remember getting their promo CD in at work in '04, and thinking, Oh, they're so young and pretty and have the world at their feet...

Yeah, fast forward to now, where they look like 2005, 2006 and 2007 gang-raped each one of them in an alleyway and threw them in a dumpster, and suddenly I feel hot.

Poster Girl said...

I know! If anyone ever wants to make a public service announcement about why we should support our struggling pop groups, I think they could be the poster boys.