Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gonna take you in a new direction

Just a random conglomeration of songs today, united by being from already famous artist's MySpace sites and not being whole high-quality songs (they're either incomplete or lower than CD quality). There are a bunch of MySpace artists I want to introduce at some point, but they're not the focus of today's post...with one exception.

Jesse McCartney is making a rather quick reappearance on this blog. With his album due to released on September 19 (the same day as Clay Aiken's), it's about time we got at least an idea of what another song on his album (besides "Right Where You Want Me") sounds like. This MySpace site is streaming a minute-long clip of "We Can Go Anywhere", but, if you don't want to go to the site or would prefer to save the clip, you can go here. If you've heard his past material and his current single, this song won't surprise you much. It's unclear whether this song is for the album or the soundtrack to Keith, a movie Jesse starred in, though it is listed on an unconfirmed Right Where You Want Me tracklisting.

I love Heinz Winckler's music. I really do. But this upcoming third album, Moment Of Truth, is really starting to worry me. The lead single, "Another Day," is all right, but I'm not madly in love with it. His MySpace site is streaming three other songs from his album, and I can't say I'm really impressed by any of them. At this rate, I might not even end up buying the album! Maybe they sound a lot better in high quality? ...I think I'm making excuses. Please, Heinz, post a song I really love on your MySpace so I have a reason to look forward to the album! I really want to.

Here's the exception to the "already famous" guideline for today's post: Switch 22. They were on Zappin' It To Ya yesterday and, since I'm quite upset with Son Of Dork for being rude to them, they deserve all the publicity they can get. I really like "Electric Girl" (I don't know if this is CD quality, but it is higher quality than you'd think from the first couple of seconds)--they almost sound like Phixx in a couple of parts, which is a good thing. If you like their music, you can visit their MySpace or their very well-designed official site.

You can preorder Jesse McCartney's new album, Right Where You Want Me, here and, if you happen to live in South Africa, you can preorder Heinz Winckler's new album, Moment Of Truth, here.

Thanks to The Goggles Do Nothing for linking to me; I started reading that site for its Eurovision coverage and really like it (plus, she likes Project Runway and the amazing Who Wants To Be A Superhero?, which may be my favorite TV show this year).

Next up: I was originally also going to write about Jim Verraros today, but I found a couple of older songs by him, so he'll probably get his own post again at some point. Tomorrow might be a couple of songs by some young male artists, one who's been mentioned by me before and one who hasn't.

4 comments:

Paul said...

oh how i love switch 22. they are such nice guys :) Nice pic you chose too.... and thanks for electric girl...

viva the new jesse cd although i need to take him clothes shopping...

Poster Girl said...

Please do! The world would owe you a huge debt...it shouldn't be that hard to choose clothes that look good on him, or to take good pictures of him, and yet he seems to manage it :)

Paul said...

yes, he totally needs to get out the clothes section of walmart, bypass pacific sun and let me get him into gap, banana republic and maybe some aber...

Poster Girl said...

I'm glad you understood I was trying to say with that last comment--I think I left out some words somewhere in there :) I think you've got his style pegged.