Monday, June 21, 2010

Closer to perfection

The fantastic site Scandipop, which along with Swedish Stereo is a must-read for all fans of Swedish and Scandinavian pop, has just opened a forum.

You can visit it here.

(Discussions so far include new Ace of Base material, rumors about next year's Melodifestival, and Lena Philipsson appreciation.)

I very much recommend signing up. The time, effort, and love put into Scandipop is representative of the best kind of music journalism and fandom, and the forum will in all likelihood be full of similarly informed, interesting, passionate people who can keep each other up to date on news while also having the more in-depth discussions that I can't imagine a better home for. There may be different opinions at times, but given the man behind it, the forum should be a welcoming environment that I really hope anyone who enjoys this blog's diversions into Scandinavian pop would enjoy and feel comfortable in. Forums thrive on members, so every person that joins adds quite a bit to the strength of this new project.

I'm pretty bad at doing the forum member thing, but I'll be there; more importantly, some of the best commentators on the subject are already signed up, as are people who are just now taking the step from reading to participating. I hope you'll consider doing the same--it should be a lot of fun.

Also, Måns wants you to.


How can you say no?

4 comments:

Damian said...

Do you know how much I love you PG? I don't even know your real name but I love you so damn much :)

Poster Girl said...

Damian, your blog is honestly the best thing to happen to the online Swedish pop-loving community--probably just the pop-loving community--so far this year. You're too nice! :) Thank you...and, in the immortal words of Patrick Swayze, "ditto."

Myfizzypop said...

you had me at Mans Zelmerlow :)

Damian said...

And thanx so much to you PG. For me as newcomer it's incredibly pleasant to hear these words from such a Titan of blogging ;) My best wishes to you :)