Saturday, April 25, 2009

I need you, baby, to stay with me tonight

Oh, boy, someone in their camp is going to be in trouble...following up "Bigger," four more demos--some full, some partial--have hit the Internet. One of them is "Masquerade," the Brian Kennedy-produced song which leaked as a demo (without them on vocals) a while ago and which I liked the chorus of even before the group ended up considering doing the song. The final version--what we can listen to of it--wasn't quite as amazing as I imagined their version would be, but it's good update: no, it is in fact amazing: up-tempo urban-influenced pop with electro and touches of piano...and a really catchy chorus and post-chorus (with the post-chorus doing that modern electro urban sound-meets-pretty that Brian Kennedy does so well). It's closer to what they need to come back with as the lead single, though I'm hoping their work with Claude Kelly is going to deliver the proper smash. Listen to all the songs on this channel.



"Fallen Angel" is also good.



Here's the full version of "Bigger," complete with those final fifteen seconds.



Edit: attempting to keep any of these videos working would be a futile exercise, so the links probably will be gone soon/are already gone.

6 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

is it wrong still to be as excited as i am about a new backstreet boys record? I remember poster girl (hey!) leaked months ahead of their comeback album...

Poster Girl said...

Never Gone had a plethora of leaks, didn't it? Maybe I just wasn't paying that much attention in advance of the last album, but I don't really remember that happening in the same way for Unbreakable.

No, not wrong at all! I never play Unbreakable and barely play most of the songs on Never Gone (save for a few gems ;) ), and yet somehow they've got me all excited about this new album. Despite all my better judgement and the voices in my head that keep telling me it'll be another disappointment, I've somehow convinced myself they're really going to get it right this time.

D'luv said...

Sadzie! They're gone. Yeah, I never play Unbreakable, which I bought from iTunes (and recently removed from my iPod), and I recently took Never Gone, which I had on CD, to Amoeba and traded it in for credit with some other stuff. Though I did save "Just Want You To Know" and...whatever the hit was off it...on my hard drive. Incalculable? Insatiable? Indianriver? Incaruinz?

Poster Girl said...

Sad truth: I had to go look up the name of Unbreakable. I actually thought it was another "In-" name, like "Incomplete" and "Inconsolable."

Damian said...

Unfortunately I'm not excited about BSB anymore, but however I'll be glad if there'll give 3-4 tracks I'd love on new album. From leaked tracks the one I love the most is "Fallen Angel". "Bigger" is melodic song with nice pleasant mood by I always expect some bomb stuff with explosive energy from these guys and Max Martin, unfortunately it's not so...

Poster Girl said...

After the last album, 3-4 tracks I love would be a welcome improvement (even if I'd prefer much more). Yeah, there is something about "Bigger" that feels as if it's holding back--I've yet to entirely sort out whether I think it's more a matter of the melody not being properly finished or it just being more subtle (not quite the right word), but I've played it a bunch of times and love it so far. It's always difficult to tell how much nostalgia influences me, but I'm pleased--not a "first time you hear it your jaw drops" world conqueror, but I think there's more to it than one might expect...