Saturday, March 28, 2009

First off, I can't keep a promise, no one to count on at all

I would do a post like the one below for the upcoming Backstreet Boys album if it wasn't for the fact that there's no way I could ever gather all the information on my own. When somewhere else is doing it better than you could and saving you the time, what would be the point? Read through the list of songwriters they've worked with here and watch them performing a bit of the Max Martin-penned "Bigger" a cappella at a sound check below. Apparently in its studio version it's up-tempo, though I'm not entirely sure how reliable that fact is. The production style is what's going to be make or break on this, but I'd be lying if I said that when this clip hit the Internet a few weeks ago my hopes didn't jump. I know it's too much to hope that it'll be dressed up in the classic Cheiron style, but hopefully it'll be a more pop-friendly format than the Max songs on Never Gone.

6 comments:

Damian said...

Well, it's hard to judge by this acapella but I hope it will be something really hard and powerfull.
Among authors I'm also glad to see JC, RedOne and I'm surprised to see Twin!!! o_O I would say I'm glad to see Ryan Tedder but after Kelly's album I won't as it has disappointed me too much.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is very Cheiron!
Wonderful, I guess it will be a great pop song!

Also interested to hear the Twin song.

turnaround

Damian said...

Hmmmm, weird, guys, but seems like I'm the only one who can't catch something typical for Cheiron-sound here.

Out

Poster Girl said...

Damian, I was surprised (but pleased!) to see Twin, too. I hope their work makes the album (and is good, too, of course!). Ryan Tedder is so hit and miss for me, and he's been moving more and more towards the "miss" side of the ratio. He strikes gold sometimes--"Apologize" (much better in the Timbaland version, though, for me), Blake Lewis's album, Leona's "Bleeding Love"--but he's not someone whose work I can count on loving. I did really like Josh Hoge's "Undone" back when it was on that album sampler of his, but I don't know that it will suit BWO's smoother voices; it was the (gentle) rasp in Josh's that helped make the song stand out.

Turnaround, it's great to hear from you...and, oh, how I hope so! There's something about it that gives me just the hint of something I dare not mention.

Damian said...

Josh voice is quite pleasant and nice but I'm not sure that I would leave the song in my player...

Anonymous said...

The studio version of Bigger is all over the net. It is an up tempo pop song. It's the only song from the new album that Ive heard that sounds like The Backstreet Boys.