Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Don't have to be beautiful but it helps

Sometimes you say so much about a song outside of your blog that you entirely forget to mention it at your home base of writing. That's the case with the latest Pet Shop Boys' single, "Love etc.", which I've still not tired of despite playing it on near repeat when it first debuted on the Internet. Complete with moody electro production that worms and slinks its way into your brain, group chants, and some of the best lines of the year, it's a song I'm hoping to figure out how to do proper justice to when it inevitably makes my single countdown at the end of this year.

We're not really here to discuss "Love etc.", though--we're here to appreciate the duo performing a medley at the Brits to go along with receiving an award for "Outstanding Contribution to Music."



For all your Pet Shop Boys needs, Chart Rigger and XO's Middle Eight are the places to go.

6 comments:

Adem With An E said...

It's funny you mention playing "Love etc" on repeat when you first got it. I was about to leave for a 2 hour drive when it surfaced, so I burnt it, and listened to it solid on repeat for the whole two hours, finding something new to love about it with each listen.

It's probably too early to tell, but it will probably one day be listed in my top 20 PSB songs.

Myfizzypop said...

it's such a great song. i listen to it daily on my way to work, and because it's right before Every Heart Broken, i never get past those two songs because i'm constantly repeating them. I love looking in the expensive cars stuck in traffic as they sing the chanty chorus. gives it something new each day :)

and while i didn't catch all of the brits, (i flicked over every now and then) - some of the presenters were horrific, but while the PSB performance was amazing, take that and coldplay also put in quite good shows :)

Yuяi said...

I thought the new songs from Yes sounded awesome last night on the Brits! Can't wait to hear them all (over and over again).

Poster Girl said...

Adem, if a song can hold up to heavy listening like that, you know it's got to have something special.

Paul, that does make for a pretty great one-two punch of songs! Sounds like a pretty good trip to work.

The previews on iTunes are sounding pretty great, too (though I think Yes is going to be one of those cases where it's difficult for me to get a feel on the music until I hear the whole thing).

Adem With An E said...

There aren't many songs that have survived such a repeated listenership from me, so yeah, you're absolutely right.

"Biology", "Call The Shots" and "Gambler" are another three that come to mind...

John said...

I continue to love this song with a passion. Does anyone else potentially hear U.S. hit on this? I think if ever there was a PSB comeback, this is it.