Wednesday, January 14, 2009

#42 Ladyhawke, "My Delirium"



I won't eat and I won't sleep for you, yeah-ah-ah-ah-ah

No rest till I get through
'Cause I'm holding out for you
Am I the only one who's insa-a-a-a-a-a-a-ane?

One of the instant highlights from Ladyhawke's great debut solo album, "My Delirium" is more top-quality music from Pip, who on this track receives some help from top pop songwriter Hannah Robinson as well as Pascal Gabriel and Alex Gray. It's a transporting track with instant appeal as well as rewards it doles out only with time. The partially animated video, a dreamy cross between a-ha's "Take On Me" and Thelma & Louise, may have been done mainly to allow Ladyhawke to avoid doing much performing for the camera, but it's a perfect match for the song.

Find it on: Ladyhawke

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

Great track and one i was far too late in getting into (ditto the album). In fact many songs on your list (this, walking in my shoes, radio) seem to be proliferating my 2009 playlist so far. That's what happens when you get old :P

Poster Girl said...

And what happens when I take so long to post up this list that we're so far into 2009 that you can have a new 2009 playlist ;)