Monday, February 25, 2008

You want it, you'll get it, just keep on working hard

It's out:

Elin's video for "Speak 'n Spell"

In other Swedish news, Jonathan's actually at #25 on the iTunes chart at the moment--"Playing Me" must be getting a lot more radio play on P4 than I thought or something. Oh, an apparently Alexander Schöld made a music video for "Den första svalan."

Edit: I forgot to mention that I think Elin is working with Tony "Natalie"/"S.O.S."/"Love In Stereo" Nilsson, which is very exciting.

Also, I shoud've really actually written something about the video. It's definitey not full-on girl in dance video-type shots, movements, and exposure, but, even better, I'd also say it's not like the video for, say, Elize's "Automatic"--a video with some fantastic popstar moments but that also has some shots that hark back to that dance video sort of stuff. The outfit pictured in the post below works really well (and she looks fantastic in it), as do the military style outfit and the outfit that reminds me of an ANTM photo shoot. Her reinvention is pretty radical, though, and I hope that doesn't automatically throw the public off. I'll see if I can come up with something more coherent to say later. For now, though, basically: well done, Elin.

No comments: