Saturday, January 26, 2008

#4 Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson, "The Way I Are"



I don’t need the G’s or the car keys
Boy I like you just the way you are


You know how I said one of the signs of a great song was that you always stopped and listened to and sung along with it every time you heard it on the radio even if it was getting loads of play? "The Way I Are" passes that criteria with flying colors--and even more impressively so, because if "Apologize" has lost just the slightest bit of its shine through all the constant play, "The Way I Are" hasn't at all. The synth-heavy futuristic pop song with back-and-forth vocals from Timbaland and Keri Hilson is addictive, a song both perfect for dancing and just listening to. Though another song may take the title of my favorite lines of the year, "The Way I Are" has my favorite line to laughingly sing along with--I mean, how can you not love a song with "Baby if you strip, you can get a tip" in it?

If you'd told me after "Give It To Me"--which I absolutely couldn't stand--came out that two of my top ten songs of the year would come from Timbaland's album, I would never have believed you--but here they are.

Find it on: Shock Value

No comments: