Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thelo ta pada na do de me horai o kosmos

Greek singer Sakis Rouvas is probably most famous outside of Greece for his third place finish in the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest. He would go on to co-host the contest in 2006 when it was held in Greece after Helena Paparizou's victory in 2005. He's released a lot of albums outside of that, though; he is releasing/just recently released another live album. This song, though, isn't live, though I think it's from that album.

Stous 31 Dromous--this is going to sound like kind of a weird comparison, but I just finished listening to a bunch of Motiv8 mixes before listening to this song, and, come to think of it, the opening music of this song kind of harks back to that era...a little? More chill than some, though. Anyway, dance-type music, though I wouldn't really call this dance-pop (maybe it is but, like I said, it just seems a little more chill than I usually associate that term with, though it does have energy, so maybe "chill" isn't really the right word; it's just not going for the stomper feel like "Ise oti thelo" was) underneath a catchy chorus, and you've got me sold! I feel like I should have a lot more to say about this song given how much I like it, but, for the moment, I don't--just that it's good. Another Dimitris Kontopoulos composition, and just as great as there others of his I've been loving since they were recommended. Really--this, Elli Kokkinou's "Ise oti thelo," and Kostas Martakis's "Astous na lene" are all such great home-runs of songs--he's definitely on my list to watch now.

I'm not really sure where you can buy the album this song is from, This Is My Live, but his album Iparhi Agapi Edo can be purchased here (physical) or here (digital).

Next up: maybe something British.

No comments: