Friday, October 06, 2006

I stopped my counting when I saw your face

Good afternoon, everyone! This is going to be a short post, since I'm leaving today and will be gone through Saturday; I'll be back in time to post on Sunday, though.

Most people in the US, and probably a good many in the UK, already know who Jason Mraz is. The American singer-songwriter, famous for his way with words, is best known for his song "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)," which, though it only reached #15 on the U.S. charts, seems to be a staple of both adult contemporary and more pop-oriented radio stations. At some point, I might have to do a more complete post about him. However, today, since I'm short for time, it will just be one song--a live performance.

1000 Things--I don't think there's any studio version of this song, but it would probably lose some of its magic if taken out of this live environment (cheering in the background and all). If you don't already know Jason's work, this might not be enough to win you over to him, but it is a pretty, almost meandering song (though not really long), the sort you might put on as you were falling asleep. I love what Jason Mraz does with his voice here--the nonsense parts may be my favorite, as they just sound so soothing and pretty.

To buy Jason Mraz's album Tonight Not Again/Live At Eagles' Ballroom, go here (physical) or here (digital).

3 comments:

BsMx said...

Hey! i just want to say that you have a very good taste in music!!! I know almost each one of the artists you post in here, and I've met some other ones (GOOD ones) like Josh Hoge or Simon Curtis!.

Keep on doing this cool job ;) is very appreciated!

Paul said...

ooo lucky you meeting Josh and Simon :) I am VERY into simon's music at the moment :)

PG _ i adore Jason Mraz, what a super guy. His song I'm Yours soundtracked my civil partnership

Poster Girl said...

Thanks! That is so great to hear :) And wow--you are so lucky to have gotten to meet Simon and Josh! I hope they were as great as their music is :) because their music is very good indeed. I'm really looking forward to both of their albums coming out.

Jason Mraz is truly great. What a perfect choice of song! :)