Thursday, July 27, 2006

One more thing...

I knew it. Every time I go on vacation, something important happens. People get trapped in mines. Popes die. Terri Schiavo dies. Well, it's happened again. I was browsing through Chartrigger when I discovered that not only have I missed out on a major news story, it was happening in my own hometown! Ashlee Simpson was scheduled to play a concert there when...well, really, just go read the Chartrigger summary of the whole thing. This makes me feel slightly better about initial rumors about the Click Five appearing at Ashlee's concert (who I would've liked to see but wouldn't have been able to see because of vacation) being false.

Good ol' Toledo--the last two times we made national news (if this even counts as national) were for race riots and priests killing nuns. I wish someone would remind me why I haven't left Ohio yet...

3 comments:

D'luv said...

Well, most likely because you still have the promise of Trashlee rescheduling, and you wouldn't want to miss that second coming, now would you?

Thanks for the shout out...

Paul said...

i would have been so jealous if you had seen click five. not ashlee simpson. repeat not ashlee simpson.

Poster Girl said...

Oh, right--and, with Ashlee's ongoing transformation, it's practically like seeing two Simpson sisters for the price of one! How could I pass that up?

Pretty easily, actually. (Though I'll admit to having a bit of a soft spot for Ashlee, since my sister and cousin made her the soundtrack for our trip to San Francisco...it was either Ashlee or emo...I have no patience for "Invisible," though!)